Thursday, June 5, 2014

Birthday Madness

Xavier was spoiled this year with three separate celebrations.  The first beginning with a visit from his cousins Zach, Eli, and Abbi.  John and Reva delayed their return trip home so they could celebrate a little early birthday shin dig with the X-man.  John got brownies and decorated it with icing to put with some yummy ice cream on top.  Both our families aren't big cake fans, but put some ooey gooey brownies with some ice cream and you have a winning treat.




In Xavier's own words, "This is the best birthday ever!"  That was only the beginning.  Next was the DAY of his birthday.  Tim and I decorated our big sliding glass door using window markers and wrote "Happy 7th Birthday Xavier!"  I wish I could have gotten a good picture of it because Tim did a great job with the lettering and artwork.   The picture below was the best that I could do.

 

I did some simple decorations and put his presents on the table so that he could wake up to a fun surprise.  My favorite gift we got him was a Science Box.  He loves science and I put together a science journal along with a box full of different science experiments he can try out.  I put all the supplies for each experiment in a baggy and numbered each baggy so that he could find the experiment in his journal and the supplies that go with each experiment.  

Our 7 year old was quite happy when he woke up on his birthday.

I made his favorite breakfast: pancakes and orange juice.  We played outside because it was a beautiful day and went put put golfing.  Then we invited one of Xavier's best buds, Sebastian, to go to dinner.  Xavier wanted to go to Five Guys.  I think that's definitely a good dude place to go for dinner.
We came home and our friends the Oringdulph's joined us for ice cream cake.


This was the cake that Xavier chose. 
 Lastly, came his dudes day.  We had Xavier choose 4 of his best buds to take along to a baseball game.  There is a minor league team called the Iron Pigs not too far from our house.
 Jacob and Sebastian are in the front, Xavier and Nicholas are in the back.  Baxter and Penelope met us at the game.
 These boys are characters.  It made me smile to see all of them having such a good time together.

Before we entered the ball park Xavier gave all his buds a big hug and then they put their hands in a pile and yelled "GOOOOOO IRON PIGS!!"


Xavier on the big screen.  He got to stand on top of the dugout and was sung to along with other birthday kids.


 I think this 7 year old is enjoying his Dudes Day.
 We sat on the grass which ended up being perfect.  Our group of rambunctious boys were able to run around, burn off their energy, and still watch the game.  I don't think they would have lasted as long sitting in the seats.

 Me and Reid chilling on the grass.

 Gavin loves hanging with the big boys.  Heck he is a big boy.

We are all so happy to have X-man in our family.  He is such a good example to his little brothers.  He helps out with a happy heart.  He is kind and nice to everyone.  He loves to talk to anyone that will listen. He is full of energy, excitement, and happiness.  Every year he is with us adds to the joy in our lives.  We are blessed to be able to help him grow and learn in this world.  We are one lucky family to have our lucky 7 year old around.

0 comments: