Sunday, February 24, 2013

First Sledding of the Season

Yes, it is the FIRST time we have gone sledding all winter.  That is because we didn't really get any snow until February.  This snow storm provided just enough snow to go sledding.  FINALLY.  Dealing with cold, rain, freezing rain, and snow flurries just doesn't make winter worth it.  You have to have SNOW to enjoy the winter just a little bit.

 I think this is the FIRST time Gavin has gone sledding.  Pretty weird to me when I have lived in Utah and Michigan all my life.  Snow is definitely not sparse in either of those places.  It was so fun to see his excitement in going down the hill.  He didn't like crashing though.  He kept telling me every time I'd give him a push start,  "Mommy, no go boom!"  He eventually perfected his balance so that no matter if he started tipping or looking like he might fall he'd correct himself so that he wouldn't go boom.

 The day was perfect!  Sun and not too cold.


Xavier was dying to try out his snowboard.  Before he attempted it I made the prediction that he would last about one run, fall, get frustrated, and give up.  My next thought, 'Wow, I'm such a terrible mother. I have not faith in my kid.'  Well I am glad to report that he proved me wrong.  He did awesome.  He was able to stay on that thing until he got to the bottom. He kept doing it over and over and over again. I was proven wrong and realized that I need to stop being a pessimist and give my son a chance to at least try, try, try.

The boys in action.

Gavin even wanted a go on the snowboard.  He loved it just as much as Xavier.
My two snow bunnies.  When it was time to leave they were so sad to pack up and go.  They could have played all day in the snow.  That is definitely the best way to end a sledding trip.  It's not so fun to end it when you are cold and frozen and unhappy.

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

Can't believe Xavier can snowboard! AND he lost a tooth! Tell that kid to slow down!!! Your post about a day in the life of Gavin made me laugh. Heavenly Father must give you super busy toddlers because you're such a good and patient Mom. I get tired just thinking about it...

Miss you!