Well, I have made it to this point in my pregnancy, PHEW! I survived a hot and humid summer, a dog bite, managed to keep up with two crazy busy boys, pretty much didn't slow down any activity even though I would have liked to, and have continued exercising until the end. I think back and ask myself where did the time go, yet other times I ask myself will I ever not be pregnant? This has definitely been the most up and down pregnancy for me emotionally and physically. I guess I'm not 25 anymore. My body is older and this is the third baby. But I look at my growing belly and I realize my pregnancy has been a lot better than many other women. It is truly a blessing to be able to bear children. It's a miracle what the body is capable of. It's wonderful to feel that little life inside of you. And it is incredible to have the privilege of being a mom of such unique and special boys. When I became a mom for the first time I continued to think about all the things I would be teaching my kids. Now that it's my third go around I realize that my kids teach me as much or more about life, who I want to be, and how I can be better than I teach them. I realize now it's not just about what I should be teaching them, but how we can learn and grow together. It's a process. We are constantly thinking of solutions for potty training or homework battles or nightmares or friendship conflicts. We are constantly learning how to help, love, encourage, stay connected, surprise, be patient, and so on. There is no perfect parent, just one that tries hard to provide the best for their children and learns from their mistakes.
35 weeks pregnant
38 weeks pregnant
If you see that bandaid on my face. This pregnancy has given me lots of interesting little things on my body of which the most strange was a growth I had on my cheek. I thought it was a pimple at first but when I had it for over 8 weeks and over that time it got bigger and bigger and wouldn't go away I realized it was something else. I went to my regular doctor to check it and she thought it was a Hemangioma. So I set up an appointment with a dermatologist. They couldn't see me until December. As I accepted my fate of having this ugly growth on my face for months not knowing what it was it continued to get bigger. I called my doctor again and they were able to get me into the dermatologist immediately. It turned out to be a huge cluster of blood vessels. The doctor nicknamed it "proud flesh" which is a reference to a skin condition horses can get. LOVELY. On the up side they removed it that same day and my face is finally healing. I don't feel like everyone is looking at me wondering what that nasty thing on my face is......Yet another fun part of this pregnancy.
Here I have 9 days to go. Let's hope I am not 13 days late like I was with Xavier or 10 days late like I was with Gavin. I would appreciate one of my kids being on time.




0 comments:
Post a Comment